NTSA Inspection Booking: With advancement in technology, it is now easier to get your vehicle inspected by the National Transport Safety Authority( NTSA).
The online portal has enabled the motorists to access the various services the NTSA offers without the hustle and bustle of going through the government offices, which is now a thing of the past.
NTSA TIMS Services
Do you know the services offered on NTSA TIMS portal? Here are some of their services;
- Vehicle registration
- Transfer of automobile ownership
- Online car search
- Car inspection
- Reflective number plate application
- Duplicate logbook application
- Kenya driving book
- Curriculum for training drivers guidelines
- Saccos in Kenya Pdf downloads
- Motor vehicle booking
- Model town board driving test
- NTSA fines in Kenya
- Subscribing to NTSA SMS
- NTSA PSV license renewal
If you are a millennial car owner, you just need to download the NTSA App on Google Play Store and access the above services offered by the National Transport Safety Authority.
The NTSA App has the following key features;
- You can have an access to the inspection status of your motor vehicle.
- The app provides you with the status of your driving licence.
- You can also check the status of your sacco licence.
- The status of the PSV licencing is also provide on the app.
- The app also provides the status of vehicle’s night travel licence.
- You can also report road incidents.
- You can verify application status.
According to the Traffic Act Cap 403, Section 17A, the Directorate of Motor Vehicle Inspection centers carries the functions listed below;
- Booking motor vehicles for inspection
- Conduct both motor vehicle inspection and certification
- Regulation of public service vehicles
NTSA TIMS registration procedure
Before you go for Booking of Motor Vehicle Inspection, the following are needed;
- The NTSA payment receipt. You are required to present an original copy of the payment receipt as a proof of payment mode for motor vehicle inspection.
- Your car to be inspected. For a successful inspection to be carried out, you need to present your motor vehicle to be checked.
- Present yourself for inspection to proceed. Your presence is of importance for the motor inspection to proceed.
Are you wondering how to get your car inspected? Worry not! The NTSA TIMS portal has got you covered.
Do you have NTSA TIMS account? If not, follow these steps to create the account for the first time;
- You need to click the register account link, which will directed to the e-Register an account page
- Sign up as a personal user under the individual category
- Key in your Pin Number
- Provide the details of your mother’s maiden name
- Key in your Phone Number and profession
- Proceed to click on the button which is next to mobile number to get verification code
- Key in the code which you have been given in the verification tab in order to finish the process of verification
NTSA Inspection Booking Procedure (Steps).
Follow these simple steps for vehicle inspection booking on NTSA TIMS portal;
- Go to > vehicle inspection tab > start the booking process
- For new car owners, click > new car booking, > key in your car’s entry number
- In case for yearly booking, click > annual booking > provide your car’s registration number
- Make payments via M-pesa, Airtel Money, Credit/Debit/Cash or KCB Bank.
- After payment, proceed to the complete button, you will receive a receipt which you have to present an original copy for vehicle inspection.
- Return to complete the inspection booking process
- Click > booking tab
- Choose > your nearest inspection station
- Select > time and date for inspection depending on your schedule. Note the system will make available for booking all the unclaimed slots while disabling sold-out bookings
- NTSA indicates dates and times that are free for booking using green and red bar. All spots in green are free while the red bar shows the dates and times that are fully booked.
- Submit > the information you have given.
- For viewing all your information, return to the vehicle inspection page. Click details to view the information
- Print the generic inspection booking slip for later use and inspection.
As a vehicle owner, you need to know that booking for motor inspection is valid for 14 days. When the time lapses and you have not presented your vehicle for inspection, afresh booking has to be done.
NTSA Motor Vehicle Inspection Checklist
Here is a checklist for motor vehicle inspection.
- Vehicle and driver information
- Exterior of the car
- Interior of the car
- Steering and suspension
- Safety lights
- Fluid levels
- Exhaust system